Tuesday 23 August 2011

Defective Washer

Today, I used my new washing machine for the first time. Towards the end of the cycle, it started rocking back and forth, the floor was shaking, and my fridge, which is in another room, was swinging like it was going to fall. And I thought to myself, "well this is a defective washer."
Then I got online and read about the 5.8 earthquake centred in Virginia, which is only a couple of hours away from us. I hear all y'all in the GTA felt it too. I hope you didn't throw out your washers!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Christine: I think the trick is to balance the load in the washer.I understand that failure to do so has caused earthquakes. But, then, i still believe in the Easter Bunny.
    Cheers
    Regis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regis! How wonderful to hear from you. Thanks for being the first to join my blog. And I believe in the Easter Bunny as well, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great blog, Christine. Trish has been away or she'd have joined as well. It's great to see you guys enjoying this adventure.

    ReplyDelete